History of the Discovery and Mode of Application of the liquid adhesive plaster, or ethereal solution of prepared cotton, originally applied to surgery by J.P. Maynard. With surgical cases treated, and testimonials from Dr. J. Mason Warren, of Boston, and Dr. Whitney, of Dedham.
Boston: Maynard & Noyes, 1848.
First edition. 19 pp. 1 vols. 12mo. Removed. Very good Item #243089
In 1848, Dr. John Parker Maynard, of Dedham, Mass., announced a plaster consisting of a fluid derived from gun cotton dissolved in sulfuric ether, brushed on the skin, covered with cotton strips. In 1874, Robert Wood Johnson and George J. Seabury, working in East Orange, N.J., developed a medicated adhesive plaster with a rubber base.
Price: $250.00 Free Domestic Delivery