London: Savory & Moore Chemist to the Queen, 143 New Bond Street, after 1862.
Interior in fitted purple leather, with gilt stamp of the maker siting "Prize Medal 1862". 10 x 6-1/4 x 2-1/4 inches. About fine Item #304363
Savory & Moore was established at 136 New Bond Street by Thomas Field Savory in 1797 and moved in 1840 to 143. In 1845 the name was changed to Savory & Moore.The shop continued to function until 1968 when it was closed and the fittings and contents were presented to the Wellcome Institute of the History of Medicine. In 1971 the pharmacy was transported to Melbourne, Australia, and reconstructed in the Medical History Museum to reflect the essential features of a mid-Victorian pharmacy and also to serve as the backdrop for exhibiting various forms of glass and other containers used in such a pharmacy.
Price: $1,250.00 Free International Delivery