Manuscript Kennel-Book [Cover title:] “Meynell Bitches 1920 to.”.

[c. 1927].

30 pp. 1 vols. Oblong folio. Full red straight-grain morocco, title gilt-lettered on front cover. Fine. Item #5131

Pedigrees of 30 bitches, from 1916 to 1927.

"The history of the Meynell & South Staffordshire Hunt can be traced back to 1793 and the Vernon family from Sudbury, in Derbyshire. Lord Vernon died in 1813 and the Meynell family took over the hounds, changing the name from Sudbury Hunt to Hoar Cross Hunt.

In 1872 the present kennels were built at Sudbury and it became a subscription pack called the Meynell Hunt. It wasn't until 1970 that the name changed again, when the Meynell amalgamated with the South Staffordshire." Club History.

Price: $400.00 Free Domestic Delivery