Philadelphia and Camden: Delware River Joint Commission, 1921-1927.
Six items, plus related material. Item #319902
The Delaware River Bridge Joint Commission (now the Delaware River Port Authority) was created in 1919. The chief engineer of the bridge was Polish-born Ralph Modjeski. Work began on January 6, 1922 and opened to traffic on July 1, 1926. At completion, its 1,750-foot span was the world's longest for a suspension bridge. The bridge would be renamed the Benjamin Franklin Bridge in 1955.
This archive, assembled by civil engineer Chester L. Appleton who served as the Engineer of Contruction on the project, includes the following:
1) Report to the Delaware Bridge Joint Commission of the States of Pennsylvania and New Jersey on the Bridge over the Delaware River connecting Philadelphia, Pa. & Camden, N.J. Oblong folio. Illustrations and 19 plates. Original cloth-backed green stiff wrappers. .
2) Report on the Construction and Sinking of Caisson B. Camden N.J. Delaware River Bridge. Delaware River Bridge Joint Commission Engineering Department Field Division, 1922 . 20pp. typescript report followed by 12 blueprints.
3) Memorandum to Chief Engineer No. 4 ... The Anchorage Foundations - Adopted Design. Dec. 21, 1922. Blueprint of the report, 14pp, 2 folding plates.
4) Contract No. 12 Camden Approach Piers Concrete Tests. 13pp. blueprint of the report. 
5) Field Control of Concrete on the Delaware River Bridge by A.W. Munsell. February 24, 1925. 19-page typescript report, plus 9 blueprint plates and 1 photograph.
6) The Bridge Over the Delaware River Connecting Philadelphia, Pa. and Camden, N.J. Final Report of the Board of Engineers to the Delaware River Bridge Joint Commission of the States of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. 157,  p. Frontispiece and 24 leaves of plates (1 folding): map, plans, elevations, tables, photographs. 
[With:] Small group of blueprints and printed elevations.
Price: $1,250.00 Free International Delivery