Two albums of photographs, including duck hunting about 1920 and trout fishing in 1916. Laurentian Club.
Two albums of photographs, including duck hunting about 1920 and trout fishing in 1916
Two albums of photographs, including duck hunting about 1920 and trout fishing in 1916
Two albums of photographs, including duck hunting about 1920 and trout fishing in 1916
Two albums of photographs, including duck hunting about 1920 and trout fishing in 1916

Two albums of photographs, including duck hunting about 1920 and trout fishing in 1916.

1916 & c. 1920.

with approximately 60 mostly small images (each about 3 1/4 x 2 1/4 inches) affixed two or three to the recto and verso of the album sheets and with descriptions in manuscript in white (dated 1916). 2 vols. each approximately 5 3/4 x 7 inches. Two small oblong black cloth albums both laid into a black cloth folding case Item #317373

The fishing album ,the album opening with two larger views of the Laurentian Club (including one aerial view), a few additional images laid-in at rear, the album covers worn. The hunting album with approximately 115 small photographs (each about 2 x 3 inches) affixed two or four to the recto and verso of the album sheets, a few annotated with dates of 1921-22, the album opening with several images of a WWI military parade followed by dozens of duck hunting photographs, the album detached from its cover.

Founded in 1886, the Laurentian Club occupied a vast area, including the northern part of Des Cinq Lake, Édouard Lake and La Pêche Lake, Quebec. In the La Pêche Lake area alone, the club included a dozen buildings.
Influential members included Sir Wilfred Laurier, the Canadian Prime Minister, who was a member of the Shawinigan Club and even the Kennedy family who had been members of the Laurentian Club since the 1920s.
Throughout its history, the Laurentian Club injected over a million dollars into the regional economy through wages and various expenses. Over the years, membership varied between 50 and 300 members.

To this day, two buildings attest to the Laurentian Club's history: Chalet Wabenaki and Maison Andrew.

Built between 1886 and 1914, the Wabenaki is the oldest park building. In the Atikamekw language, Wabenaki means “white dawn” (Waban) and “land” (Aki). At the time, it housed the kitchen and members’ dining room. It was also a place where members gathered after meals to enjoy an evening by the fireplace.

Maison Andrew was named after Alex Andrew, club manager from 1920 to 1930. He lived there with his wife, and the house served as a welcome station for members and as a “human resources office” where employees received their pay.

Price: $1,500.00 Free International Delivery