[Walton, New York: late 1880s to early 1890s].
Ink or pencil on ruled paper. New County Life in typescript; The Naming of Cadosia (3 pp.) laid down on card. Individually paginated, comprising 119 pp. 1 vols. 4to and smaller. Outdoor Sport in Delaware County, New York. Recent buckram, spine titled Hunting and Fishing Tales in the 1800s Published in part as: The Big Deer and Other Stories, edited by Linda Norris, Delaware County Historical Association, . Item #316167
Excellent group of reminiscences about hunting and fishing in rural New York state in the middle of the nineteenth century, written late in life by Nathaniel Curtis Marvin (1826-1895), a native of Walton who trained as an attorney and served as a state senator beginning in 1878.
Comprising the following stories:
1. New County Life (typescript, 12 pp.)
2. Our Hunting Grounds at Mount Holly (9 pp.)
3. In the Early 50s (3 pp.)
4. My Pennsylvania Hunt (13 pp.)
5. The Big Deer (10 pp.)
6. Stray Deer (6 pp.)
7. A Deer Hunt Alone (5 pp.)
8. A Deer Hunt (5 pp.)
9. My Earliest and Later Trout Fishing (9 pp.)
10. Fishing for a Trout Yourself (10 pp.)
11. Winter in the Country (11 pp.)
12. Blizzard in the Country (3 pp.)
13. Happiness in Old Age (20 pp.)
14. The Naming of Cadosia. A True Story (verse, 3 pp.)
Well told outdoor stories, with good local detail.
Price: $5,000.00 Free International Delivery