New York: The Derrydale Press, 1927-1939.
Each print of a small limitation, as noted. 3 etchings, 3 aquatint engravings colored by hand, each signed or inscribed by the artist. 1 vols. Folio. Recent half red morocco album, printed title leaf, each print window matted in heavy card mounts, by Aquarius. Fine. Ordeman, To Keep a Tryst with the Dawn, pp. 107-8; Siegel 139; Frazier C-7. Item #261129
A beautiful presentation of Roland Clark prints from the personal collection of Eugene V. Connett, III, publisher of the Derrydale Press. Comprising:
1) “Home Waters” Drypoint etching, first proof impression of a scene of nine ducks in flight, used as the frontispiece to the large-format Derrydale retrospective of Roland Clark's Etchings with the title “The Morning Flight”. The published etching includes Clark’s monogram in lower left (added subsequent to this proof). Ordeman does not note a proof impression in his discussion of the published book. This print is signed and inscribed by the artist “First Proof — to Gene Connett June 10, 1938”; in the foreword to the book, Connett writes “My friend, Roland Clark, has asked me to write a short foreword to this book of his etchings, and, as I obviously admire his work, it is a great pleasure for me to accede to his request. … That his art has received widespread recognition in this country is common knowledge; but it is not so well known that a large number of his etchings have been sold abroad where the quality of his work is highly appreciated.” The foreword is dated June 14, 1938. A unique state of this print, with a fine and meaningful association.
2) “Bluebird Weather” Drypoint etching, first proof impression, 1938.
3) “The Alarm”, hand colored aquatint, 1937. Edition of 250. Copy no. 1.
4) “The Scout”, hand colored aquatint, 1938. Edition of 250. Copy no. 1.
5) “Winter Marsh. Canvasback”, hand colored aquatint, 1937. Edition of 250. Copy no. 1.
6) “A Memory”. Drypoint etching of twelve ducks in flight above a marsh, 1928. Edition of 75. Inscribed to Mrs. Connett. Roland Clark's Etchings (1938) no. 29.
Price: $10,000.00 Free International Delivery