Pair of hand-colored engravings of the exterior of : "Lord Dashwood's West Wycombe House, High Wycombe, Bucks." Lord Dashwood.
Pair of hand-colored engravings of the exterior of : "Lord Dashwood's West Wycombe House, High Wycombe, Bucks."
Pair of hand-colored engravings of the exterior of : "Lord Dashwood's West Wycombe House, High Wycombe, Bucks."
Pair of hand-colored engravings of the exterior of : "Lord Dashwood's West Wycombe House, High Wycombe, Bucks."
Pair of hand-colored engravings of the exterior of : "Lord Dashwood's West Wycombe House, High Wycombe, Bucks."
Pair of hand-colored engravings of the exterior of : "Lord Dashwood's West Wycombe House, High Wycombe, Bucks."

Pair of hand-colored engravings of the exterior of : "Lord Dashwood's West Wycombe House, High Wycombe, Bucks."

Early 19th Century.

12-3/4 x 20 inches (image size). Framed and glazed. Some losses to gilt of frame Item #225137

Between 1740 and 1781 the earlier West Wycombe House was transformed by the second Sir Francis Dashwood. Although he was a Fellow of the Royal Society, Postmaster General from 1766 to 1781 and a founder member of the Dilettante Society Sir Francis is still best recalled as a member of the notorious Hell Fire Club. The house is among the most theatrical and Italianate in England, its façades formed as classical temples. The interior has Palmyrene ceilings and decoration, with pictures, furniture and sculpture dating from the time of Sir Francis.

Price: $2,000.00 Free International Delivery