Albumen print. 1 vols. Image: 7-1/2 x 5-1/4 in., mounted. Mount damaged, image near fine Item #18169
This livery stable, owned by Henry A. Bunkenburg, was located at 413 W. 44th street (New York) in 1907, according to the Trow Business Directory of that year.
By 1926, many of the livery stables in New York City had been replaced by other businesses, including a good number of automotive garages. This image provides a glimpse at the turn of the 20th century in New York City, when stables and horse-drawn carriages were still a dominant means of transportation.